Did you know that 230 people, on average, go to the emergency room every day with firework related emergencies around the 4th of July?
To avoid injuries and accidents this year; here are some firework safety tips.
- Do not try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Do not mishandle pieces of fireworks after an event, as they may be still ignited and able to explode. In addition, make sure they are disposed of properly.
- Keep a bucket of water or garden hose handy in case of fire or mishap.
- Make sure fireworks are legal (& safe) in your area before buying and using them.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
For more information, you can visit www.cpsc.gov/fireworks