Fire losses can be difficult because the behavior of smoke can be unique. That is why it is important to have trained technicians at your home; and SERVPRO professionals know their smoke!
Different types of smoke
- Wet smoke – Plastic and rubbers – low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry smoke – Paper and wood – Fast burning, high temperatures, and heat rises thus making the smoke rise.
- Protein fire residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire – Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace Puff Backs – While ‘puff backs’ can create havoc for you, SERVPRO can in most cases restore the contents and structure quickly.
- Other types – Tear gas, fingerprint powder and fire extinguisher residue – Special loss situations require special care. Here at SERVPRO, we are trained to handle your toughest losses.